Senior Analog/RF IC Designer
MonoLets is working on a ground-breaking technology that will enable millions of sensors to collect and send data to the cloud, enabling new use cases currently not possible. MonoLets is built on DARPA research done at UC Berkeley, and has already been successfully piloted with large Enterprises in the field.
MonoLets is looking for a strong Analog/RF IC design engineer to help take MonoLets proprietary technology into a finished product ready for market. It will involve working on complex engineering problems with wireless-mesh networks, your impact will be critical to the development of this new technology, and enabling a fully connected world of sensors. This is a unique opportunity to work on cutting edge technology, and be part of a high potential startup that could revolutionize the way real-time data is collected around the world. If that sounds exciting then get in touch now and become one of our founding engineers!
• Continue development of MonoLets cutting edge proprietary chip technology
• Design, debug and test the analog/RF circuits in advanced CMOS technology
• Top-to-bottom analog/RF circuit design, from architectural decisions down to transistor-level design with an emphasis on creating components as part of a larger system
• Write specifications for analog and RF portions of integrated circuits
• Behavioral modeling to model and validate architectures and circuit blocks
• Transistor-level design of blocks including DC-DC converters, analog/RF frontends, analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters, references and bias circuits, LDOs, RF mixers, antenna matching network, LNA, LO, PAs, IF amplifier, filters etc.
• Running a suite of design verification tools (DRC, LVS, and extraction)
• Post-extraction verification of block-level analog and mixed-signal designs
• Run simulations to validate design and integration
• Define bench-top test plans and verify circuit performance
• Testing and debugging chips after they return from fabrication
• Work closely with the founding team to develop the first product to market and have a lot of input into its design and roadmap
• BS (Masters or Ph.D. preferred) with 5+ yrs. related experience
• Familiarity with Cadence or Synopsis tools for analog/RF design and simulation
• Experience with Digital/Analog/RF design fundamentals.
• Familiarity with band-gap references, bias circuits, amplifiers, switched-capacitor circuits, LDOs, feedback and compensation techniques
• Experience with Analog/RF mixed signal circuit design and verification
• Familiarity with low-power DC-DC on-chip power conversion
• Experience in layout and extraction of low-power designs
• Experience building tightly matched, low parasitic, low-power analog blocks, resistors, capacitors, analog-to-digital converters, pad I/Os, ESD structures, etc.
• Understanding of IR drop, RC delay, and interconnect parasitic capacitance
• Strong experience with DFM practices
• Proficiency in interpreting Calibre, DRC, ERC, and LVS reports
• Experience in system design and simulation using C/ MATLAB / Verilog-AMS
• Experience with sensor interface design
• Experience with oscilloscopes, FPGAs, microcontrollers, signal generations, and other test equipment for validation and testing of analog and mixed-signal designs
• Experience with ultra-low power circuit design.
• Experience with the wireless communication standards.
• Experience with IC bring-up.