Lead Field Service Technician
As a Field Services Tech Lead, you will be playing a critical role on the Field Services Team. You will manage, train, inspire, and grow an elite team of traveling technicians who will tackle field repairs and maintain our fleet health. Your primary responsibility will be to own the Time To Repair KPI. As the FST Lead, you will drive process optimization and logistics for: Vendor RMA processes; Field Service Technician deployment; FS supply chain. The Lead will own the Field Service supply chain through managing parts forecasts and submitting order requests to procurement.
- Organize and manage our team Field Service Technicians and their support of sites
- Own logistics to ensure that parts and Technicians are efficiently deployed to the field
- Provide status reports for ongoing repairs
- Provide continuous training in order to up-level our Field Service Technicians
- Provide strategies to improve overall service to our Customers
- Own the Field Service supply chain: provide part forecasts, submit orders for procurement, providing optimization solutions.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
<10% travel for site inspections and repairs.
- Strong organizational abilities to manage material and personnel logistics.
- Proven leader with experience managing multiple direct reports.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with other team members, cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing work instructions, mechanical assembly drawings and electrical schematics.
- Experience and ability to work with electrical and mechanical tools (digital multimeter, wire and pcb soldering, electrical terminal crimping tools, hand tools, torque wrench, etc.).
- Comfortable with basic command line tools.
- Ability to become vendor credentialed with partner hospitals.
- 8+ years of work experience with commercially available products.
- Technical experience necessary to troubleshoot complex robotic systems.
- Strong work ethic, organizational and communication skills.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident with work authorization.