Aerospace Software Engineer - Simulations & Space Systems
You are skilled in aerospace software development, modeling, simulation and analysis and interested in building intelligent space systems to modernize satellite operations. You will be responsible for astrodynamics analyses, algorithm development, and space systems modeling. You must be comfortable taking ideas from theory into deployment. As an aerospace engineer you will:
- Develop simulations for constellations of Earth-orbiting satellites and model their interactions with each other and ground-based assets.
- Develop simulation models of spacecraft subsystems, such as communications, power, memory, thermal, etc.
- Perform verification and validation analyses of the aerospace simulation models.
- Determine the required level of model fidelity for Machine Learning (ML) development and customer needs.
- Provide aerospace expertise to support data science and machine learning development.
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers, data scientists, and software developers to produce excellent products for our customers.
- Support cross-functional teams to integrate with satellite ground systems.
Any experience related to the following would be of particular interest.
- Remote sensing spacecraft tasking and constellation modeling
- Flight software development, embedded software development, communication protocols and spacecraft systems
- Space environment and space weather
- Interfacing with satellite systems, software in the loop testing, satellite ground systems
- US Citizenship required.
- 1+ years of professional experience as an Aerospace Engineer or similar role.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s degree, or Ph.D. in a relevant field: Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, Computational Physics, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of spacecraft dynamics, orbital mechanics, numerical methods, geometry, and statistics.
- Proficiency with C/C++ and object-oriented programming design.
- Proficiency with Python and libraries such as Numpy, and Pandas.
- Proficiency with Linux development environment.
- Knowledge of software development principles and architecture.
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to work in a team and work collaboratively on complex tasks.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
One of the most interesting aspects of working at a startup company is gaining equity in the company, which means our success is your success. In addition to equity in the form of options, we also offer:
- Flexible-Time-Off policy, company holidays, and company retreat
- Cost-effective health care, dental, and vision with company contributions.
- 401K plan
- Life insurance
- Short term and long-term disability
- Home Office Fund & Swag Stipend
Salary: $80K - $100K
Work Location: Remote
Something looks off?