Apptronik is building robots for the real world to improve human quality of life and to help solve the ever-increasing labor shortage problem. Our team has been building some of the most advanced robots on the planet for years, dating back to the DARPA Robotics Challenge. We apply our expertise across the full robotics stack to some of the most important and impactful problems our society faces, and expect our products and technology to change the world for the better. We value passion, creativity, and collaboration to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative products.
You will join a team developing a state-of-the-art general-purpose robots designed to operate in human spaces and with human tools. It is designed to work alongside humans, mobilize to human spaces, and manipulate the world around it.
We’re seeking a Test Engineer with an interest in improving our testing infrastructure to support flexible and robust software for robotic systems. As a Test Engineer at Apptronik, you will be responsible for testing and validating the software components that run the control, planning, and perception algorithms powering behaviors across a variety of different robotic systems that we build. In addition to testing, you will also be responsible for running demos of our humanoid platforms. You will work with a small team of engineers with technical expertise in software, controls, algorithms, optimization, and robotics hardware. Prior robotics experience not required – we’re more interested in a solid software development skillset, a passion for technology, and willingness to learn.
· BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience, preferred
· 0-2 years of software engineering experience (excluding academic training)
· 0-2 years of testing experience - including unit, integration, and hardware-in-the-loop testing
· 0-2 years of containerization
· Bash / python scripting skills
· Understanding of networking concepts
· Communication skills and willingness to learn robotics concepts as needed
· Familiarity with tracking down tough bugs, including memory leaks and concurrency bugs
· Familiarity with collaborating on a team using an Agile process, including participating in sprint planning, design reviews, and code reviews
Nice to Have
· Experience with ROS, including actionlib- / pluginlib-based architectures
· Experience designing and developing software for embedded devices, edge applications, or robotics with critical, real-time performance requirements
· Strong understanding of distributed computing / multi-threaded / multi-process design and debugging concepts
· Knowledge of real time operating system concepts and prior experience with an RTOS or real-time kernel
· Experience using code profiling / optimization tools
· Competitive base w/ benefits
· Highly motivating equity incentive package
· Hybrid work schedule (i.e. work from home in some capacity)
· Professional development opportunities
· Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 401k plan
*This is a direct hire. Please, no outside Agency solicitations.
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.