Director, Product Management
Apptronik is building robots for the real world to improve human quality of life and to help solve the ever-increasing labor shortage problem. Our team has been building some of the most advanced robots on the planet for years, dating back to the DARPA Robotics Challenge. We apply our expertise across the full robotics stack to some of the most important and impactful problems our society faces, and expect our products and technology to change the world for the better. We value passion, creativity, and collaboration to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative products.
You will join a team developing a state-of-the-art general-purpose robots designed to operate in human spaces and with human tools. It is designed to work alongside humans, mobilize to human spaces, and manipulate the world around it.
We’re looking for an experienced product executive with previous product leadership experience in automation or robotics. As head of the product team you will work with Apptronik’s executive leadership team to drive vision and roadmap of our upcoming robotic automation solutions and the underlying robotic platform. In this pivotal role, you will closely partner with our Engineering and Commercialization organizations and build trusted relationships with Apptronik’s early adopter customers to align upcoming product capabilities to future opportunities.
- Define, communicate, and execute the strategy and roadmap for Apptronik’s general purpose robotic platform and industry-focused solutions
- Grow and lead a team of Product Managers in the collaborative development of product requirements
- Partner with Engineering and Design leadership to co-lead a cross-functional organization of software engineers and designers in creating a highly innovative, first-of-a-kind robotic product offering
- Partner with Apptronik’s customer-facing organizations to develop market requirements, engage with early adopters and evangelize our roadmap and upcoming capabilities
- At least 5 years of experience leading product teams in robotics, automation, or a related industry
- 6-10 years of hands-on technical product management experience in B2B (Enterprise) hardware and software products
- General system-level understanding of robotics with ability to communicate between an interdisciplinary team
- Strong experience with products that combine both hardware and software, and understanding of what it takes to scale hardware products/platforms (incl. safety, compliance, reliability) and software products/platforms (with AI/ML, algorithms, or deep data foundation)
- Passion for creating product culture and mentoring Product Managers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have
- Masters in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related areas
- Startup to growth experience
- Business Domains: Supply Chain, Warehouse Logistics, Manufacturing
- Competitive base w/ benefits
- Highly motivating equity incentive package
- Hybrid work schedule (i.e. work from home in some capacity)
- Flexible work hours policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k plan
*This is a direct hire. Please, no outside Agency solicitations.
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.