Mechanical Engineer Intern (Summer 2024)
Apptronik is building robots for the real world to improve human quality of life and to help solve the ever-increasing labor shortage problem. Our team has been building some of the most advanced robots on the planet for years, dating back to the DARPA Robotics Challenge. We apply our expertise across the full robotics stack to some of the most important and impactful problems our society faces, and expect our products and technology to change the world for the better. We value passion, creativity, and collaboration to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative products.
You will join a team developing a state-of-the-art general-purpose robots designed to operate in human spaces and with human tools. It is designed to work alongside humans, mobilize to human spaces, and manipulate the world around it.
We're looking for highly motivated and talented Mechanical Engineers with hands-on experience and a passion for robotics to join our team.
What To Expect:
This position is expected to start in-person around May/June 2024 and continue through the entire Summer (i.e. through Aug/Sep 2024). We ask for a minimum of 10 weeks. Interns should expect to work Monday-Friday, up to 40 hours per week, typically between 9am-5pm. Specific team norms around working hours will be communicated by your manager. Please consider before applying.
- MUST be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in an accredited program during the internship term. (New graduates not enrolled in an accredited program for Fall 2024 are ineligible.)
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Preference for those able to work full-time within 2 years (expected graduation date between 9/2024 - 9/2025)
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Hands-on experience through class work, previous internships, or self-motivated projects
- Highly motivated with a passion for robotics
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Open to learning skills outside of your area of expertise as needed
- Great team player able to perform within a dynamic start-up environment
- Very good CAD skills (SolidWorks, Creo, or similar)
Nice To Have
- General understanding of mechanisms, robotic systems, or similar
- Creativity, Humility, Integrity, Curiosity, Passion, Analytical, and Disciplined
- A passion for building things. Fellow tinkerers are encouraged to apply.
*Design portfolios are highly encouraged
*This is a direct hire. Please, no outside Agency solicitations.
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.