Electrical Assembly Technician
Apptronik is building robots for the real world to improve human quality of life and to help solve the ever-increasing labor shortage problem. Our team has been building some of the most advanced robots on the planet for years, dating back to the DARPA Robotics Challenge. We apply our expertise across the full robotics stack to some of the most important and impactful problems our society faces, and expect our products and technology to change the world for the better. We value passion, creativity, and collaboration to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative products.
You will join a team developing a state-of-the-art general-purpose robots designed to operate in human spaces and with human tools. It is designed to work alongside humans, mobilize to human spaces, and manipulate the world around it.
We are seeking a skilled Electrical Technician to join our team. This person will be responsible for the assembly, testing, and troubleshooting of electrical systems and components.
- Perform electrical assembly of components and systems according to engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications (this work will be repetitious in a nature)
- Utilize hand tools (soldering iron, crimpers, etc.) to assemble and install electrical components, including cable harnesses with connectors, PCBA’s, and sensors
- Perform functional testing of assembled components and systems to ensure proper operation
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical issues in assemblies and systems, including identifying the root cause of the problem and implementing solutions to prevent future failures
- Collaborate with engineers and other team members to identify and solve complex electrical issues
- Provide technical support to other team members and customers as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in electrical assembly or a related field
- Proven hands-on skills and electrical aptitude
- Proficient in reading and interpreting technical drawings, schematics, and specifications
- IPC Certifications are a plus
- Familiarity with through-hole, surface mount, and splicing
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Initiative and self-motivation - ability to work with little supervision
- Collaborative nature with the ability to work in a team environment
- Basic computer skills
- Good written communication
- Strong work ethic and commitment to safety
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and follow safety, operation, and maintenance procedures
- Competitive base w/ benefits
- Highly motivating equity incentive package
- Hybrid work schedule (i.e. work from home in some capacity)
- Flexible work hours policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k plan
*This is a direct hire. Please, no outside Agency solicitations.
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.