Software Engineer - Planning
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, February 4, 2024
Agtonomy is a hybrid autonomy and tele-assist service platform that turns tractors and other equipment into autonomous machines. A robust sensor suite and custom software stack enable remote modes of operation with a higher margin of safety than conventional equipment. Agtonomy, through its OEM partners, will address both local agriculture skilled labor shortages and broader land maintenance operations, including wildfire prevention through land clearing.
About the role
We are looking for enthusiastic software engineers to join our Autonomy team. You will be responsible for the planning software of new and existing autonomous vehicle systems through the entire product lifecycle. You will coordinate with other hardware, software, program management, and business teams to design, implement, and iterate on solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and implement new approaches to help our vehicles plan its way through challenging situations safely and intelligently
- Predict the behavior of objects in the environment to improve overall vehicle driving performance and safety
- Architect, design, and implement software applications, infrastructure, and tools
- Development of reusable geometry and optimization engines and libraries
- Write performant, well-tested software, and improve code quality through code and design reviews
What you'll bring:
- Understanding of robot configuration and free spacesUnderstanding of various existing planning techniques (sampling methods, graph search, and trajectory optimization, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in modern C++ (11 or newer) test-driven development for resource-constrained embedded systems
- Experience implementing math effectively in software as part of problems in geometric reasoning, optimization cost design, and motion modeling
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, collaborative, small team environment with little supervision
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate with interdisciplinary stakeholders
- Passion for sustainable agriculture and electric vehicle development
What makes you a strong fit:
- Contributions to geometric, sampling or optimization-based planning algorithmsKnowledge of computational geometry
- Experience driving planning solution selection through capturing and optimizing system metrics
- Experience modeling challenging planning problems through simulation5+ years of experience of software development in autonomy, robotics or related field.
- MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field