Software Engineer, Localization
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Agtonomy is a hybrid autonomy and tele-assist service platform that turns tractors and other equipment into autonomous machines. A robust sensor suite and custom software stack enable remote modes of operation with a higher margin of safety than conventional equipment. Agtonomy, through its OEM partners, will address both local agriculture skilled labor shortages and broader land maintenance operations, including wildfire prevention through land clearing.
About the Role
We are looking for enthusiastic software engineers to join our Autonomy team. You will be responsible for the localization software of new and existing autonomous vehicle systems through the entire product lifecycle. You will coordinate with other hardware, software, program management, and business teams to design, implement, and iterate on solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Increase stability and reliability of our fused global and odometric sensor data to create a highly-accurate global position estimate
- Design mitigation and fallback strategies for the position estimation system
- Create robust sensor calibration routines that perform reliably in complex and unpredictable environments
- Research, prototype, and experiment with various sensors, algorithms and approaches
- Architect, design, and implement software applications, infrastructure, and tools
- Write performant, well-tested software, improve code quality through code and design reviews
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrated experience in Bayesian state estimation, 3D reconstruction, Structure-from-Motion, Visual Odometry, Visual Inertial Odometry, Bundle Adjustment etc.
- Understanding of various autonomous sensing technology advantages and disadvantages including, monocular cameras, stereo cameras, LiDAR, RADAR, GPS, MEMs IMUs, etc.
- Experience with evaluation and understanding of design trade-offs using Kalman filters, numerical optimization, pose graphs, etc.
- Experience implementing math effectively in software, (eg., Eigen, Ceres, numpy, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in C++11 (or newer) development for resource constrained embedded systems (eg., NVIDIA Jetson)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, collaborative, small team environment with little supervision
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate with interdisciplinary stakeholders
- Passion for sustainable energy and electric vehicle development
What makes you a strong fit:
- Familiarity and experience testing integrated GPS/INS products
- Experience with existing visual or lidar odometry solutions (eg, PTAM, ORB-SLAM, SVO, DSO, LSD-SLAM, LOAM, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience of software development in autonomy, robotics or related fields.
- MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related field