Software Engineer - Data Platform
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2023
Agtonomy is a hybrid autonomy and tele-assist service platform that turns tractors and other equipment into autonomous machines. A robust sensor suite and custom software stack enable remote modes of operation with a higher margin of safety than conventional equipment. Agtonomy, through its OEM partners, will address both local agriculture skilled labor shortages and broader land maintenance operations, including wildfire prevention through land clearing.
Agtonomy is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for building backend systems ranging from API endpoints, metrics collection & processing systems, to large data processing pipelines. You will own and create robust software systems that are deployed on vehicles & in the cloud and handle massive volumes of vehicle data. This position is based in our South San Francisco Office, with our field testing grounds in Sonoma County.
What you'll be doing:
- Design & implement data pipelines for the collection & persistence of data from the vehicle to systems in the cloud.
- Build systems to enable observability of our software and hardware stacks with metrics, monitoring, and alerting using tools like InfluxDB, Grafana, AWS TimeStream.
- Build stream processing systems to extract meaningful metrics from terabytes of raw telemetry data.
- Working on the backend systems that provide APIs to end-user applications.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science/Engineering or prior engineering experience (or relevant combination of education/experience)
- 5+ years of relevant experience architecting & building software products.
- Strong experience architecting data models for storing application & user data.
- Experience working with databases such as MySQL, Postgres, AWS RDS, DynamoDB.
- Deep knowledge of commonly used AWS services such as S3, Lambda, API Gateway, EKS, Kinesis, DynamoDB.
- Strong communication skills
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about new technology
What makes you a strong fit:
- Experience with AWS services such as GreenGrass, Amplify, Kinesis, Athena
- Experience with owning complex software systems that span cloud & edge devices.
- Experience with AWS Greengrass & developing software for edge compute platforms.
- Experience with robotics platforms.
- Startup experience.
- A passion for robotics and autonomous systems.
- Interest in developing products & technologies for sustainability.
See more open positions at Agtonomy
Something looks off?